-
June 19th, 2017, 08:36 AM
#1
Senior Hostboard Member
treating 416z surround
My 416z's, pulled from old Valencia's seem to work well. How would I know if the surrounds need to be treated? What should I use?
thanks
Les
-
June 19th, 2017, 09:21 AM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: treating 416z surround
there's a guy on eBay it's sells this stuff. He goes by Acoustic Research or something like that. Why do you feel you need to treat them?
-
June 19th, 2017, 09:47 AM
#3
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: treating 416z surround
Some people clean all the old goop off, and apply only a thin layer of new goop. This is good especially when the goop has puddled at the bottom of the woofer
There have been tests done, and cleaning the excess goop can help to lower the Fs back to where it should be.
I can't remember the solvent for sure, but I think it is toluene.
-
June 19th, 2017, 10:59 AM
#4
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: treating 416z surround

Originally Posted by
les winter
My 416z's, pulled from old Valencia's seem to work well. How would I know if the surrounds need to be treated? What should I use?
thanks
Les
Read Pers Hasling on surround cleaning he has done, just as background.
It helped my 515Bs a lot.
Jeff .... Low Ohms
-
June 19th, 2017, 12:57 PM
#5
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: treating 416z surround

Originally Posted by
LowOhms
Read Pers Hasling on surround cleaning he has done, just as background.
It helped my 515Bs a lot.
Jeff .... Low Ohms
Got a link, Jeff?
GeeDeeEmm
-
June 19th, 2017, 01:19 PM
#6
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: treating 416z surround

Originally Posted by
gdmoore28
Got a link, Jeff?
GeeDeeEmm
Sure GDM,
Here we go :
Hasling Audio Systems Denmark
On first page that comes up, click on "ALTEC" in the column on the LEFT side of the page.
When you get to the ALTEC page. click on the SIXTH topic down on his laundry list . ( Very bottom of that page .) Its entitled " Cleaning of Surround on Altec Bass Driver ".
Have fun exploring his site !! I always much liked it, but don't do Per ....verbatim ....at all. He would like Uncle Stu's Pool Table Tweak panels. I am sure, after hearing them at my place. But hes got a wife, and I don't !!
Have FUN. Ever get to Kansas City ??
Jeff
-
June 20th, 2017, 10:45 AM
#7
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: treating 416z surround
Have FUN. Ever get to Kansas City ??
Jeff
No, I don't, Jeff. But I would love to hear the systems that you've put together. My wife and her family go to Kansas City at least once a year for family functions, but I gave up traveling at all due to health problems. Even a short trip to Little Rock and back has me ready to climb the walls with pain. Degenerative spine. A gift from my dad.
But if I find myself feeling especially good on their next trip I'll tag along just to meet you and see/hear your gear. I'm not bothered by very opinionated folks, so we should get on just fine. I'll contact you here in advance if I can make this materialize. Thanks for the invite.
GeeDeeEmm
-
June 20th, 2017, 11:59 AM
#8
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: treating 416z surround

Originally Posted by
gdmoore28
Have FUN. Ever get to Kansas City ??
Jeff
No, I don't, Jeff. But I would love to hear the systems that you've put together. My wife and her family go to Kansas City at least once a year for family functions, but I gave up traveling at all due to health problems. Even a short trip to Little Rock and back has me ready to climb the walls with pain. Degenerative spine. A gift from my dad.
But if I find myself feeling especially good on their next trip I'll tag along just to meet you and see/hear your gear. I'm not bothered by very opinionated folks, so we should get on just fine. I'll contact you here in advance if I can make this materialize. Thanks for the invite.
GeeDeeEmm
Way cool.
Would be honored to meet you, and fun me thinks
I'll need 2, or maybe even 3, months to finish the new JJ 2A3-40 SET mono amps!
Will need to deliver this Type 46 SE stereo amp, just completed, eventually...soon, to my friend.
Jeff
Tags for this Thread
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks